My most recent finish is a small wall hanging:
The design is based on a mini-flag I made last year for the "To Boston With Love" project coordinated by the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild:
I enlarged the applique design by 200% for the wall hanging, but I kept the background triangles at the same size, to help use up some scraps. The border uses leftover strips as well.
I hindsight, I think I would have been better off by doing the blanket stitches without the batting, then add the batting with either clear or water soluble thread.
To complete the trapunto effect, I trimmed the batting from the back, close to the stitches. Then I sandwiched the top with a regular-sized piece of batting and a backing fabric, and did the quilting.
The "ropes" were machine stitched using Aurifil 12wt, after quilting the background.
A lot of the scraps in this small quilt are from a larger project which is almost completed. I had hoped to have the larger quilt finished in time for the Blogger's Quilt Festival, but since that isn't to be I decided to enter this one instead.