I've been busy paper-piecing arcs for a pickle dish quilt.
I need a total of 96 arcs; I've completed a little more than half that amount so far.
I've been piecing them together assembly-line style, working in sets of 8. I've been surprised at how quickly they are coming together. I can usually finish a set of 8 in an evening's sewing time. I cut plenty of rectangles in advance (too many, to be honest), and it is easy to get in a rhythm of sewing, pressing, and trimming.
The pattern (from Kaffe Fassett's Quilt Romance) strongly suggests using a design wall to plan out the quilt layout, so a couple of months ago I made a few 4'x4' portable design wall sections. (They are "portable" because I don't have enough wall space to hang them.) But when I went to play around with my new arcs, I realized the foundation paper prevents them from sticking to the wall. So I guess I'll be planning my layout on the floor, then pinning them to the wall to keep them organized.
I'm glad the arcs are coming together quickly. I imagine the next steps -- piecing the curves and removing the papers -- will be more tedious.
I'm linking up with Lee for WIP Wednesday.