August 19, 2016

"Vintage Made Modern" mini

I was given a 22-piece charm pack of Amy Barickman's Vintage Made Modern fabric, and decided to make a small quilt to feature the designs.


I am sure I am not the first to make this type of design, but I did sketch it out and do the math on my own.  It is almost certainly a derivative design, but of what I don't know.  The size is roughly 24 inches by 30 inches.

Here is a detail of the quilting.  I used a hooked scroll design in all the larger squares, and a curved cross-hatch in all the smaller squares.


I added triangle pockets in the back upper corners to hold a dowel for hanging, and included a couple of twill tape loops near the center to avoid sags.


The piecing was mostly done as leaders and enders, so this was almost a "free" project.  Not sure yet what I will do with it.


1 comment:

  1. That looks like an excellent leader and ender project! I love how each square has a different quilting motif in it, add an interesting focal point to each block, especially on the back!

    ReplyDelete