June 26, 2022

For Taylor and Noah

 Our son Noah and his bride Taylor were married last Friday.


I made a quilt for them using colors found in their registry. A double wedding ring design seemed a natural; the color placement was inspired by a small graphic icon I saw online. I tried to keep it clean and simple based on my impression of what they might like.


The fabrics are Michael Miller Cotton Couture in Soft White, Ice Blue, and Delft.

I quilted a monogram in the center of the quilt. We were pleasantly surprised to see a similarity with the wedding cake -- this was totally unplanned.



I tried to quilt some large designs in the background. The intended diamond does not show as well as I'd like; I think parallel lines would have been a better fill.




The backing is a Mammoth Flannel plaid. The batting is Dream Wool; I'm hoping this is a warm, snuggly quilt.



We are very happy and proud for Noah and Taylor as they start their life together, and wish them much happiness.


2 comments:

  1. Your quilt is just beautiful! Wishing the new bride and groom happiness and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You created a true masterpiece for your son and his bride. Simply stunning!!

    ReplyDelete