September 13, 2021

Flannel & Blue Jeans

 I just finished a quilt using Mammoth flannels:


This quilt was inspired by a quilt made by Sarah Cooper (@coopcrafts). I used 40+ different flannels and added squares of denim from old blue jeans.


The quilt is made up entirely of squares. Each square was cut to 6 inches and sewn with a 1/2-inch seam allowance, so their finished size is 5 inches each.

The backing is Windham Seven Seas 108" fabric, and the binding is a Robert Kaufman chambray.



I quilted this on a longarm, renting time on an Innova machine at Sweet Home Quilting and Supplies.  I did all straight lines using a ruler, as I'm not confident yet with free motion on a longarm.  It took me three rental sessions to complete!


With wool batting and a flannel and denim top, at 95"x105", this is quite a heavy quilt, and hopefully warm too.

2 comments: