February 15, 2022

A special memory t-shirt quilt

I sang in choir with Joe Z for about 30 years. Sadly, Joe passed away in 2019. His widow approached me to make a quilt using t-shirts from the choir's Christmas programs.

She wanted the quilt to be king size, but did not have a large number of shirts. I suggested alternating hourglass blocks; we also included a couple of photos which were digitally printed at Spoonflower, and added a wide border. The quilt is 110 inches square.


Here's a photo of the Living Christmas Tree from First Baptist Church in Huntsville, as incorporated in the quilt. I'm in this photo somewhere, as is Joe.



This was a large, heavy quilt. I had it longarm quilted by Sweet Home Quilting.


Appropriately, the backing has both Christmas trees and music notes.


This was a Christmas gift for the couple's daughter. I hope it brings the family many good memories. 

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful memory quilt!! Thanks for including the information about Spoonflower's photo printing. I had no idea that was one of the services they provide!

    ReplyDelete